I am in the process of changing completely to "Shady Lane Studios" instead of Ooh La La Photography. Please go to the Shady Lane blog by going here

You can also check out the Studio Facebook Page for updates and Sneak Peeks.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm Back

My trip to Portland didn't go how I was expecting - unfortunately some not so nice things did end up happening, but all that matters is that I'm safe and at home.

I'm working on orders right now!

Update 10:20pm: All orders that I received while I was gone have been processed and are at the lab.

Also, I've gotten some emails and instant messages from friends and customers about my trip - concerned about me and if I really am okay.

I won't go into grisly details - but one thing I have learned as an adult is sometimes the truth needs to be said, and the truth can hurt. I just spent 4 days stranded in a strange city, with no help or contacts because I told the truth - if you can't take it, then tough. I gave up a week of work to come help a friend with a future career, but instead spent it not how I would have wished (too long of a story there). I was threatened with violence (yes, I am okay! I promise!) and kicked out - and you know what? I can take care of myself. I am home now and am not planning to go to Portland again anytime soon :-)

Anyway - I'll try to post some pix (not of the trip though) tomorrow but until then, some things I've learned in the past few days.

1. Sometimes Cabbies and Front Desk people at hotels are really REALLY nice!

2. I am capable of walking alot more than I ever thought I was - and the MAX is kinda cool.

3. There are alot of homeless people and alot of litter in P-Town

4. Bring food with you wherever you go - no matter what.

5. Hamburgers and Diet Cokes at Vegan Restaurants taste sick (I should have guessed this one)

6. Some people don't have any idea how to have houseguests.

7. If you're going to have kids, at least play with them - they are more important than your computer.

See ya on the flip siiiiide.

2 comments:

Robin said...

So sorry to hear that Lauren! I know you were really looking forward to your trip. Hope it wasn't too terrible :(

BeccaC said...

So glad your back and fine! So sorry about everything!